Konan Language Learning Center
The Konan Language Lab offers many services and hosts several events. Below you can find information for students and faculty; and about lab equipment, activities and events. You can find on this page the days and hours of operation and a calendar of activities and events. For more detail or further explanation, please contact Janet Jamieson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-507-8450.
The Konan Language Lab has a variety of language learning software, such as Centaur Systems for students of Latin and Transparent Language for any student wanting to learn any language (similar to a Rosetta Stone program). The lab also has a variety of CAT (computer aided translation) tools, like Wordfast, that our Translation/Interpreting Certificate students can use.
Some language programs in the Department of Modern and Classical Languages require that students complete their online lab manual and online workbook exercises in the Konan Language Lab to support language study throughout the week. Any language students can access the lab to do their online lab manual and workbook exercises without faculty direction or for independent study.
The Konan Language Lab is used by faculty to conduct technology mediated oral/verbal activities and assessments during class time and outside of class time. Faculty can also take their classes to the lab to access the Internet for to accomplish lessons or for writing workshops with their students. Finally, faculty will use the lab to administer to placement exams for students in French 1001-2002, German 1001-2002, and Spanish 1001-3150 classes.
- an instructor kiosk and projectors
- 30 laptops with headsets (headphones and microphones). **We are the only lab on main campus with microphones and the ability to record and save audio
- scanner to keep track of lab hours
- full interpreters booth (with dual interpreter console, 30 receivers, and 1 speaker microphone). For students practicing instantaneous interpreting skills
Activities & Events
- Sigma Delta Pi National Spanish Honor Society Inductions
- "Your Future in Your Hands" Careers in Spanish Workshop (for Majors of Spanish)
- The MCL Faculty/Student Research Forum
- Department Meetings
- The Major/Minor Luncheon
- International Film Festival (click here).
International Film Festival
- Return to Hansala. Monday, February 3, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
- Departures. Thursday, February 20, 2020, 7:30 p.m.
- Gladiator. Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 7:30 p.m.
- Nosferatu. Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
- The African Doctor, Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
- Where do we go now?, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 7:30 p.m.
Days & Hours
|Monday||9 AM - 6 PM|
|Tuesday||9 AM - 6 PM|
|Wednesday||9 AM - 6 PM|
|Thursday||9 AM - 6 PM|
|Friday||9 AM - 5 PM|